Thursday, March 28, 2013

Week 9 Pearltrees


Essential Question: How can I use Pearltrees to differentiate content in the classroom?

Using Pearltrees reminded me of making an interactive poster using Glogster.  I could click anywhere in the poster and it would take me to a new video, picture, or note.  Pearltrees does the same thing, but adds the extra element (I think, since I only made one interactive poster) of opening another webpage.  Pearltree would give students a central spot to keep all of their resources in one place and therefore more organized.

I believe that if I took classes in high school, like history or writing, that utilized an interactive online tool like Pearltrees, that I could have wanted to put more effort in, therefore remembering more.  I would want to put more effort in so that I could present a great piece of work that others would be wowed by and inspired by.  This would also appeal to the way I learn, by seeing and doing.

This would also allow integration of different content areas and teachers could do team collaboration projects that didn’t fizzle out.

I think that this would be a great way to introduce younger students to an online tool that brings a project together.  I would like to see some example of excellence for how other teachers have implemented using Pearltrees to differentiate content in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment