Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Week 11 Technology and Management Considerations


Essential Question: What technology will I use to allow students to demonstrate they have met the standards targeted by my rubric? What are the classroom management considerations that I must address?

Technology for my project

Students in my class will play a game to be able to determine that a game that seems fair is actually unfair.  When they have determined the results and come to a conclusion, they will report their findings by creating: a glog using glogster, a group wiki, group blog, a recording using garageband to create a voice thread, a powerpoint presentation or any acceptable technology tool that they may already know.

I have 11 desktop iMacs in my classroom that are currently being reimaged and will have the latest OS on them.  Students can use their phones or cameras to take pictures if necessary.  Students can use any of the Microsoft Office applications for tables and graphs and written paragraphs.

My Rubric can be viewed through a link from my week 10 blog.  Students will know what is expected of them because they will have a copy of the rubric.  I will also do informal observations throughout the project.

Management

The group that will be working on this project is a group of eleven 10th graders that range in ability levels.  This group is small enough that there are no major issues with classroom management or behavior problems.  It will also help with managing the project because we are able to communicate well.  Another management consideration will be time, since we only meet for one 50-minute period a day.  I will need to allocate enough time to work on both the hands on and the technology component.  More than likely, we may still be experiencing Internet connectivity problems, so I need to be ready to address this if the need arises.  I think I will resort to a PowerPoint if it comes down to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment